Happy National Cocktail Day!
Tomorrow is National Cocktail Day! If you are looking to celebrate with a tasty beverage, look no further! Here are five of my favorite cocktail recipes that I have featured on my blog throughout the years. These are recipes I keep coming back to time and time again – no matter the occasion.
Tequila Old Fashion
This beverage is sure to warm you up! It’s one of my favorites to enjoy during the cooler months. You’ll find it is the perfect sipping cocktail, meant to be enjoyed slowly in the company of great friends.
Ingredients2 oz Don Julio 1942 Ultima Reserva (or your Anejo of choice!)
3 Dashes Angostura Bitters
½ tsp Simple Syrup
1 tsp water
Garnish: Orange Twist & Luxardo Cherry
- Add simple syrup to mixing glass.
- Fill mixing glass with ice. Add tequila and bitters, stir until chilled.
- Strain into rocks glass over one large ice cube.
- Express the oil of the orange twist over the glass. Garnish with the twist and cherry.
My version of the iconic Paper Plane has all the flavor, just less sugar to cut down the sweetness. It is simple, refreshing… delicious. What more could you ask for?
Ingredients.75 oz Nine Branded Bourbon
.75 oz Lemon Juice
.5 oz Aperol
.5 Amaro Nonino
Garnish: Lemon Twist
- Add all ingredients into a shaker tin.
- Shake with ice and double strain into a coupe or martini glass.
- Garnish with lemon twist.
Ingredients2 oz Roku Gin
¼ oz Simple Syrup
¼ Sparkling Yuzu Water
¾ oz Lime
¼ oz Chambord
Small Piece of Ginger
Garnish: Ginger Piece & Luxardo Cherry
- Add ginger to shaker tin, muddle ginger thoroughly.
- Add all ingredients, excluding Chambord, to shaker tin. Shake until well chilled and double strain over martini glass.
- Slowly add Chambord to martini glass so that it settles at the bottom.
- Garnish with piece of ginger and luxardo cherry on a cocktail pick
Tips: Take a sip of the beverage without stirring in the Chambord, then use the cocktail pick to gently stir the cocktail before taking another sip. The first sip will show you how potent the beverage is, the second will show how the flavors balance once the Chambord is stirred in.
Another classic cocktail that is always delicious. The beautiful purple color from the Crème de Violette gives this cocktail showstopper quality. Enjoy floral and citrus notes that will delight the senses.
Ingredients2 oz Greenhouse Gin
¼ oz Crème de Violette
¼ oz Luxardo
¾ oz Lemon Juice
Garnish: Lemon Twist
- Add all ingredients to a shaker tin. Shake with ice and double strain into a martini or coupe glass.
- Garnish with lemon twist
Decaf Espresso Martini
I love an espresso martini, but sometimes I want to enjoy without the caffeine. Of course, feel free to substitute for regular espresso if you are looking for an energy kick. I love how creamy this cocktail is – perfect to enjoy with dessert!
Ingredients2 oz Don Julio 1942 (or your Anejo of choice!)
1.5 oz French Vanilla Kahlua
2 oz Decaf Espresso (or regular if you prefer)
.25 oz Licor 23
Garnish: Drinking chocolate and 3 Espresso Beans
- Add all ingredients to shaker tin, shake with ice until well chilled. Strain into martini or coupe glass.
- Dust top of cocktail with drinking chocolate and garnish with 3 espresso beans.